Cadarache is one of the ten research centres of CEA (Commissariat
à l'Energie Atomique - the French Atomic Energy Agency ). Cadarache is located in the South-East of France, 40kms from the
city of Aix-en-Provence and is one of the official candidates to host
ITER. Guests will have there the opportunity to:
- Have a general overview of the centre hosting 18 nuclear
facilities and more than 5000 people.
- Visit Tore Supra, the largest superconducting Tokamak
- Get the latest information about the possibility to host ITER
Bus shuttles will be offered from Lyon to Aix-en-Provence on Sunday
morning (free lunch, afternoon and dinner in Aix). Transfer from Aix
to Cadarache on Monday morning by bus.
- Technical visit in Cadarache.
- Lunch in Cadarache guest-house.
- End of the tour : 14h30
Detailed agenda of the
visit will be given during the conference.